Phone: 714.318.5329 Email: cheyannesammons (at) gmail (dot) com
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Over seven years of progressive responsibility in fashion design, creative direction and apparel manufacturing.
- Expertise in textile surface design, repeats and colorways.
- International costing experience; direct coordination with factories abroad.
- Content creation and maintenance of multiple WordPress based websites.
- Graphic design and print production for mass-produced print advertisements, flyers and business cards.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative, quick learner with attention to detail and a strong team and individual work ethic.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; Microsoft Office Suite; Mac and PC platforms.
- First Place – “Aviation” Design Contest, Spoonflower.com – August 8, 2012
- First Place – “What’s The New Owl?” Design Contest, Spoonflower.com – May 2, 2012
- Company record holder for most sites implemented in a single month and most sites implemented in a single year.
- Fastest-promoted and youngest Art Director in Harkham Industries history.
- Managed expansion of partnership with leading Girls retailer to bring in $5 million in additional revenue.
- Designed and filed copyrights on 120 original designs and reworked more than 400 purchased textile designs.
Software Implementation Specialist, BeneTrac/Paychex Inc.
San Diego, CA | 10/12-Current
Responsible for the implementation of new client sites with BeneTrac’s benefits administration software. Create the initial design of the system customized to the client’s specific benefit offerings by configuring and testing eligibility rules, rates, carriers and plans in order to deliver a fully functional system to the client. Serve as the the technical expert during the initial site building and implementation process. Also serve as a mentor to colleagues and teammates by sharing technical knowledge of the software.
Art Director, Harkham Industries
Los Angeles, CA | 9/06-6/11
Worked directly with Lead Designers to develop trend, print and color direction each season for Missy, Girls, Junior and Contemporary lines. Conducted trend analysis through international travel, retail shopping and online research. Collaborated with outside vendors and private labels to recolor prints and create exclusive designs. Communicated with eight oversees print mills, followed up on all print strike-offs and sample yardages, and trouble shot printing when necessary. Coordinated print production, approved strike-offs, lab dips and bulk fabrics. Hired new staff, trained and managed team of three textile artists. Responsible for magazine advertising spreads, digital photography, graphic design, and pre-press coordination.
Textile Designer, Harkham Industries
Los Angeles, CA | 1/06-8/06
Designed textile prints, embroideries and colorways for six seasonal lines. Worked closely with Lead Designers and Art Director to translate collection themes into working textile designs. Managed copyrighting of all original designs with U.S. Copyright Office.
Design Assistant, Harkham Industries
Los Angeles, CA | 3/05-12/05
Provided oversight assistance for sample making and line development for two Contemporary lines. Independently prepared tech packs including cost sheets, line sheets, and style sheets for current collections and negotiated with vendors regarding prices, trims, and fabrics.
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM)
A.A. Fashion Design
Los Angeles, California 9/04 – 9/05
University of California, San Diego
B.A. Human Development
La Jolla, California 9/00 – 6/04